Out of 33 pregnancies, 1 woman gives birth to twins. This shows a 74% increase in twin births over the last 20 years, in part due to the improvement and increased use of infertility treatments.
The most common form of twins is fraternal twins. This is conceived when 2 eggs are released during ovulation. Boy-girl fraternal twins consist of around 40% of double births. The next most common is fraternal girls followed by fraternal boys.
Identical twins are uncommon and hard to achieve. It occurs when one egg divides into 2 identical halves. No one is really sure why this occurs, but both babies will have the same genetic makeup and gender. Identical girl twins are more common than identical boy twins.
Various factors such as race and age play a big role in conceiving twins. Asian women have the lowest probability of conceiving twins, while African females have the highest probability of having twins.
Older women tend to conceive twins than younger females. If you want to know how to get pregnant with twin girls, there are some methods that you can use to boost your chances.
What Your Chances of Getting Twins?
There is no magical gene that can predict your possibility of conceiving twins, but if you’re a twin or your grandmother or mother is, you may have a gene that causes hyper ovulation.
This increases your probability of releasing more than one egg every month and conceiving fraternal twins. Other factors that can increase your chances of having twins include the following:
- The probability of releasing two eggs during ovulation increases with age. This is also the reason why 17% of women aged 45 years old give birth to twins. It is believed that as a woman ages, her body also releases more eggs. However, the chances of complications are also higher when an older woman is giving birth. Please note that.
- Those who have already given birth to multiples are more likely to have twins again. So, if you’ve already had twins before and want to know how to get pregnant with twin girls, you are more likely to conceive one.
If twins, on the other hand, do not run in your family and you really want to have twins, you can still increase your probability of conceiving twins by using these natural methods below.
Natural Methods on How to Get Pregnant with Twin Girls
- Gain weight – Research has shown that gaining weight may boost your chances of having twins. Women with a BMI of over 30 have higher chances of having twins. Taller women also have a higher possibility of conceiving twins than shorter females.
- Try to get pregnant soon after you terminate your birth control – The most common method of conceiving twin girls is to trying to get pregnant soon after ceasing your birth control. The best time to try for multiple births is the first cycle or two after discontinuing the birth control method you are using.
- Take a folic acid supplement every day – This will induce pregnancy and keep your baby healthy. Read more about folic acid here.
- Wait until you’re in your mid-30’s – If you are not in a rush to have children, you can wait until you’re in your mid-30’s before you try conceiving. As mentioned, older women have higher chances of having twins. Your chances are also higher if you have many kids. The more children you have, the more likely you’ll experience a double pregnancy.
- Eat dairy products more than 5 times a day – Another way on how to get pregnant with twin girls is to eat dairy products more than 5 times a day. The hormones in cow’s milk affect your chances of having twins.
- Add wild yams to your diet – The chemicals in the skin of wild yams help increase fertility and conception.
- Check the traits of female sperms – Females sperms can live for 72 hours and are passive swimmers and heavier than male sperms which can live only for 24 hours and swim faster. Sexual union should be planned 2 to 3 days before ovulation. The female sperms will wait for the egg to mature and fertilize it. The male sperms would have died within this period.
- Consume acidic food before the ovulation – Female sperms live longer in an acidic environment. Eating acidic food before ovulation can help your body become acidic and improve the lifespan of female sperms, increasing your chances of having twin girls.
While you have no control over the factors involved in knowing your chances of conceiving twin girls, there’s still a chance for you to get pregnant with twins. Making some changes in your lifestyle may not be easy, but the results are surely worth it.
I hope this tips on how to get pregnant with twin girls helps you plan your dream twins. Good luck!
Need More Tips on How to Get Pregnant with Twin Girls?
If you are looking for the best guide to conceive twin girls naturally, the best solution that I really recommend for you is Plan My Baby course by Alicia Pennington.
You can download it HERE now (only 5 copies left!)